Tuesday 20 September 2011

Mount Rinjani, Lombok

Ok so I've works inspired by Rinjani and just in case some of you are wondering what it is, I've decided to spill some information.


Source from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Rinjani

Mount Rinjani or Gunung Rinjani is an active volcano in Indonesia on the island of Lombok. Administratively the mountain is in the Regency of North Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara (Indonesian: Nusa Tenggara Barat, NTB). It rises to 3,726 metres (12,224 ft), making it the second highest volcano in Indonesia.[


It takes a minimum of 3 days 2 nights up and down. This picture is taken just about est 150 meters below the summit. I was already drained, exhausted and freezing to death (this is well due to "unprepared-ness", should have brought gloves and proper insulation. Oh well,,, I'm a dumb city kid okay..). We were woken up at about 3 am at the base camp to climb to summit to catch the sunrise. The climb was treacherous as you were climbing in the dark with only headlamps, following the guide, I thought the climb was not that scary until I had to balance myself against a rock wall and happened to look down. I could not see ground with the headlamp. But when the sun started to rise, with the astounding view, all the efforts is well worth.






This was taken at our last base camp at the other side of the rim. The climb to this place is way worse than the previous climb. I actually thought in the naive city kid mind of mine, the climb won't get any worse after the summit climbs. Man, I was wrong. By this time, my feet were sore as hell and had a strain on my left hip that I can't lift my left leg. Has to use a stick to substitute for that.

But all in all, Rinjani an experience I'll never forget. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment