Thursday 4 October 2012

Monks in watercolor


Found a photo in the studio belonging to a student. I was so captivated by that photo that I suddenly had an aching urge to try to paint this in watercolor. I'll upload the photo soon so you'll get the idea what it looks like in a photograph.

I admit I am not a master at watercolor, but attempting this was an excellent challenge I appropriately needed. Comfort zone is sometimes a witch with a capital B... haha. Just sucks you right in the safe zone. Safe zone in the arts is like a "no-development zone". So I'm trying to stay away.

A critique of my own work I would say, amateur. To much things going on in the background... and unlike oil painting where its so easy to manipulate and re-correct, watercolor sometimes put you in a no-mistake area.... or you'll have to learn from your mistake and create a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment