Tuesday 5 March 2013

The Great Wall an impression





Had a vacation to Beijing, Tianjin and Xian recently, a good getaway to an awesome winter in China. This painting is just a direct impression of the Great Wall, done with acrylic on canvas without any reference images. Just somethin I get out of my mind and my experience climbing it. 

Well the long stairway reminds me of the strenuous climb to the to the astounding view so I gave it a little more detail. The colors, I basically use dead-coloring method as to capture the gray winter in Beijing. And not to forget the ever shocking air pollution in January 2013 in Beijing which is the worst air pollution ever experienced there. 

Added a bit of crimson glaze over at selected areas and dark glaze over the distance. Might not be my best piece, because I feel making this painting is kinda too controlled for my personal taste. I will try to be more free for the next piece. Cheers!!



No comments:

Post a Comment