Monday 21 November 2016

New works and excuses





Have not posted in a while. Well I can list down the excuses I've made up but honestly, I hate to write. I do not have the focal capacity and sit down to translate my brain juice into words. I type slow and my handwriting looks like an abstract line works. It is gonna be a problem when I aim to further my studies in art education next year as I need to write essays and stuff. But, I'll deal with it when it comes. 

Oh one valid excuse, I think is, I went for a vacation to Maldives at end of September to beginning of October. Maldives is BEAUTIFUL and I'm so grateful at least I went coz it might sink due to Global warming in the future... I heard. Then, I was in a holiday mood for the rest of 6 weeks.

Ok these 3 works are the ones I submitted to the UOB painting of the year competition and obviously, I didn't win. Oh well, but at least I tried. And will try again next year. I wanna win money man! *stupid grin*. People say money is the root of all evil but it is definitely motivating. *another stupid grin*

All these paintings are done with acrylic under painting and textures and foreground in oil. 
I love mountains, the ocean, mother nature. So lots of my works are base on that. I love mountains especially as to me, it represent goals, virtues, hope, perseverance, determination and success. So I paint mountains symbolically rather as a form of landscape. While working on "Anticipation", I paint what I desire in my life as one symbolic form and also a reflection of what I already have and a reminder to be grateful.

I particularly enjoyed the process of making "Pleasure in Descent". It is like planting a seed and watching in grow. With a more experimental approach, I have discovered many useful accidents that will definitely benefit me in future creations. Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment