Thursday 14 July 2016

24" x 18" Oil on canvas. "12 Apostles lookout" by Aisha Ramat








Momentarily taking a break from doing abstract and brush up the traditional. One of the reasons why I decided to u-haul to oil for awhile is because I want to test myself. To see whether I can still paint any representational subject, Another reason is, since I'm not a famous abstract artist whatsoever, is to add to my credibility.

Those who have been to an art school, are trained to render and understand things in a certain way (although we deny it and think we are individuals, but unconsciously indoctrinated ). We always have doubts about those whom, have neither been seen doing a traditional observational piece and whom, we observe, that does not have the technical skills in conforming to traditional observational art, making abstract painting.

Depending on the art school you go to, but I believe that technical skills are basic requirement to do abstract. Picasso, Duchamp, Monet, Cezanne, Freud, Mondrian, Hurst and many others who deserted traditional art, actually started out traditional. You can look them up.

I am not saying that you must go to an art school to be successful in making any art. Doesn't matter if you go to art school or not, as long you have basic technical skills which are naturally acquired or trained or both (for me its kinda both), is the foundation to more artistic en devours.

Sorry, don't mean to lecture because I am not qualified to. I am neither a typist or a speaker, but I feel like doing the exact, at this moment. So I did. Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment