Friday 13 September 2013

Figure drawing1



 I was at the studio at 9am and left the studio at about 9pm. Apart from the classes I have to run, I did figure drawing in between my break-time.

Up-close and personal, its just me and the model. Kinda nerve racking coz its been awhile I've done one-to-one figure drawing. I was slowly finding a way to work effectively with charcoal on cartridge. Not as smooth as I thought. And midway, I was actually perspiring as panic sets in as the charcoal doesn't smudge smoothly. So it gives this sketchy and primal look to the blending I did. So I followed my instinct, I gave a sketchy negative space to even out the subtle outline I couldn't give.

This drawing was the first drawing I did for warm-up. Not perfect I know, but I know I could do better. But for warm up, I guess I have to accept whatever I have created. Done with charcoal on A2 cartridge paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment