Sunday 22 September 2013

Samudera: ombak, 20X24" , mix media on canvas 2013


I've came back to my Samudera project as I have that hollow feeling deep in me as when I know I've had somewhat abandoned my Samudera project in the midst of chaos of my work life. But there is no excuses.

I've worked with texture and layers with this one. Got to get it done in a spare room in my home which I've called "Da Studio", haha. Useful space for me... a place of creation for me. Although, I was scared to go in that room for a year because my grandma passed away in that very same room. I'm brought up in a superstitious culture... so forgive me if I seem " koo-koo". But yeah... have to stay rooted to my culture coz I can't brush it off....

But anyhoo, this work makes some up what  think is a step forward. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment