Tuesday 3 September 2013

Portraiture month

I love portraiture.

It captures the life of a person from their faces. And I love teaching it as well.

Since its portraiture month in ARThaus, I just wanna share some rough demos I did with some of my students. Since we, the Arthaus team, work very closely with our students, close-guidance and demonstration is very crucial to spread fundamental knowledge of creating art. Although we highly value each students' own style, creativity and how they perceive and make sense of their art creation, we also highly encourage fundamental skills. It is a foundation we cannot ignore. Just like we have to learn the alphabets before we can form a word.

These are the rough sketch demos:

 The assassinated one

 One of my fav pieces from Vermeer done in pastel

One of my student's cut out from a magazine in watercolor

No comments:

Post a Comment