Tuesday 31 May 2016

Back to work! Sketches for support of my upcoming works.



Went to Melbourne and The Great Ocean Road, Victoria, Australia for a holiday with the family. Really had a mind-blowing, wonderful time. The scenic view along the Great Ocean road was so awestruckingly magnificent, that I almost feel my heart gonna explode with indigestion of too much beauty.

I love the sea. Looking at seascapes, the harmony of 3 main elements (sky, sea and land) altogether at once, is eternally inspiring for me. I grew up where the nearest beach is only 30 min away, the place of my most memorable childhood.

So these sketches above are somewhat a reminiscence of my experience being in Australia and how I felt during that time. Tried sketching outdoors but it was too windy to hold up any paper, and it rained for 2 whole days. So base on my memories and lingering feelings of that place, I picked up a charcoal pencil and just had to document the study of elements as soon as I got back.



No comments:

Post a Comment